The Friends of Chalfont St Giles Parish Church is an independent and non-religious charity whose purpose is to support the maintenance and accessibility of the church building and graveyard. Established in 1992 the charity has since raised and contributed thousands of pounds towards repairs and upgrades of this ancient building.
Following expert assessment, some of the historic brasses in the church have been re-located within the building to protect and preserve them.
A plaque to correct the errors on the 1914-18 War Memorial in the churchyard was approved, created and fitted by stonemasons, Corinthian.
Completed the removal of the asbestos from the organ casing and repaired the blower.
Lime-washed the interior of the Church.
Installed polycarbonate window protection.
Replaced the flagpole (new steelwork and pole).
Donated towards the repair and re-plastering of major cracks in the nave.
Assisted with the tuning of the bells.
Donated towards the new heating and lighting systems.
Contributed towards the refurbishment of the Vestries and the re-laying of Church paths.
Regular working parties are organised to maintain the churchyard when the grass is cut, shrubs and trees are pruned and damaged graves repaired.